Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thing 35 Books 2.0

Most of all I think this Thing proves that people love books and are going to read, no matter what format. I don't know if the paper book will ever go away, or if it matters, as long as people want to read. I can see in our library that books are bigger than ever. The more I buy, the more they read. It's fantastic!

I followed most of the links in the Learn section. I bookmarked many of them. I set up some apps in Facebook, and I'll check them out further.

I think the future of libraries is an interesting one. Our community is using the library in many more ways that when I moved here thirty-something years ago. There have been comments about how many people just come here to sit and read. Maybe there's a need for a "get-away" place in our busy lives.

But back to books--I'm very hopeful that all of the online sites are encouraging books and readers, so it does come back in a circle--what fun it will be to see what happens next in the book/library world.

No comments: