Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thing #21 Other Social Network Sites

I guess there is some Thing for everyone. I could relate more to these--they were more "my age". I still don't have the need for everyone to know every thing about me--what music I like to listen to, what books I like to read. And I'm not all that interested in others interests, either. I do think that when I retire, I may like to join some of the library-related social network sources and keep up on what is going on in the ever-new library world. I liked Gather and Minnesota Readers and Minnesota Life. If I had time to, these are the ones I think I would join. I have and continue to use WebJunction. It isn't always updated as well as I would like. I was looking for some beginning computer users handouts, and the ones on WebJunction were pretty old. I set up a Ning account. I didn't have any trouble posting the badge or the widget, but it was nice to have the heads up, just in case.

No comments: